Monday 5 October 2015

BA1a - Concept Art: Task 2

Today we was emailed the second part of this concept art project, it being incredibly similar to the previous mini project with the insect, only we have to design an instrument that measures time, like a watch. I'm not as excited for this mini project as the previous insect one, but that is purely because I prefer designing creatures and characters as opposed to objects. The task is to design something that is both visually impressive and creative, requiring everything that the previous mini project needed, so silhouettes, iteration and a final colour concept painting, but instead of having a character sheet, we have a model sheet instead which is simply just the object from different angles.

I quickly looked at a variety of different clocks available, and stumbled upon a list of them on Wikipedia:

Immediately, the ones that take my interest at the doll's head clock, skeleton clock, hourglass, oil-lamp clock, sundials, projection clocks, pendulum clocks and incense clocks, although I shall develop my silhouettes first before looking at these so that I do not settle on one idea.

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock#Specific_types_of_clocks

No comments:

Post a Comment