Tuesday 6 October 2015

BA1a (2): Silhouettes and Initial Designs

This second mini project revolves around timepieces, and just like before I created a small group of simple silhouettes in Photoshop. These were even simpler then before as I had absolutely no idea what sort of thing to make, where as with an insect there is a general build to the body that I could follow. Again I did not use any images or objects as inspiration for my silhouettes so that I did not replicate anything already existing.
I struggled to think of many shapes that could actually look like an ideal shape for a timepiece, but looking at these some of them do look like other things, such as the top left looking like a mushroom cloud, top right looks like peas in a pod, and the one next to bottom right looks like a salt and pepper shaker or a chess piece. These could all be interesting concepts that I could work with as a final design.

These are the initial designs I have come up with for my timepiece. Some of them were very uninspired simply because I could not think of anything do to with them. My favourite ones are definitely the bottom centre one, the one to the right of that and the bottom left one. The bottom centre is meant to be a woman with an actual hourglass in her torso, which is something I really like the idea of as it seems really unique. The one next to it that I like is meant to be a statue of a person crying into a bowl or something, which I thought could be an apocalyptic piece counting down to the apocalypse or something similar. The bottom left is something similar, but the sand or water moves down each segment of the insect for each part of the apocalypse.

Although I had some ideas with the one resembling a mushroom cloud, for a timepiece I could not think of anything beyond a simple hourglass-like system which has since been overshadowed by some of the other designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment