Saturday 17 October 2015

BA1a (2): Model Sheet

To start my model sheet I took the same drawing of the snake that I created and duplicated it into a new document. In there I then duplicated it again and mirrored the image, tweaking the tail and tongue slightly look like the other side. I then added in all the lines to correspond with various points on the body, such as various parts of the head and various parts of the tail, so that I could line them up later when I begin drawing other angles. 

Once I began drawing the front angle, I realised just how helpful these lines were, as I had never used them for previous drawings before. They were immensely helpful in making sure all proportions are the same and for lining up body parts and angles. Just because of how I have positioned the snake, it looks incredibly bland from below the head, however this will most likely be solved once I begin to add some shading to my design. The head was a lot more intricate and took a surprisingly long amount of time to do since the inside of the mouth has a lot of folds and muscles visible. 

The back of the snake was a lot simpler to do as I pretty much just had to change some of the lines and remove the mouth details from the snake whilst adding a few different details.

I then added colour to each drawing, colouring them the four different colours I have used for the snakes, and then shaded them using the same techniques as with previous drawings. I did not add any of the specific features from each of the snakes as this would have taken too long to develop, as well as would not be ideal adding them to the snakes themselves. I also did not include the skull head of the Death snake because the majority had normal snake heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment