Wednesday 23 September 2015

BA1a (1): Initial ideas and Silhouettes

To start the concept for my insect, I drew out a group of 11 simple silhouettes in Photoshop in order to get some basic shapes that I can develop further later on. I duplicated the set twice and tweaked all of them so that I had slightly different shapes and designs for my initial insect idea. None of these designs were inspired by any specific insect so that I did not recreate an already existing insect or take too much influence from an insect. I did try to give some sort of insect vibe by drawing legs or by having segmented bodies and shells, just so I could use them as a starting point.


My tutor suggested that the silhouettes should be simple and random shapes, which is what I tried to go for in my silhouettes, and I think I managed to achieve that, although I still may have put a bit too much detail into some of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment