Friday 18 March 2016

Time Machine: Iterations

Our final task for this project is to create a time machine and put it through all the processes that we've been taught throughout this project. I had a couple of ideas straight away when first thinking about this, but I wanted to create a few concepts before finalising my plan.

I created these within Photoshop and have mixed feelings about most of them. The top left design is completely uninspired and the two underneath it are supposed to be based off a random rock formation with a portal in the middle. The one to the right of those is a meant to be some kind of game console based off of the Sega Mega Drive that when you place a cartridge into it, it will transport you to that time period.

The ones I really like though, are the bottom two and the top right one. The bottom left one is loosely based off of a ball and chain that would either:
1) Transport anyone hit with it back to the time that is shown on the four dials within it.
2) Anyone attached to it is transported back to the time shown by the four dials. 
The octopus (created from a bad pun that came through my head, called the Clocktopus) follows a similar concept with the four dials which spin around inside at different angles, except you place it on the face of the person wishing to time travel.
The top right one is based off of a character concept I created a while ago, that off which is based off of characters I have made before, which were heavily inspired by Hans Bellmer's mannequin photography. They are a robot or doll-like attached to wires coming from the ceiling with a literal hourglass in their torso, and are capable of creating portals to other time periods via the sand which can be poured out of their hands.

Overall, the robot is the one I am most happy with. I want to really push myself in this final task and not only is this the most complex looking design, it would most likely require me to use ZBrush a lot more, which I want to learn more about and get more experience using. Since I also want to be a character design or concept artist, this one would be good practice for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment