Friday 18 March 2016

Pillar in Unreal 4

This is my finalised pillar inside Unreal Engine 4, with the normal map of the high poly model placed on top of the low poly. I'm very happy with how it turned out, although I think it could of gone better. Regardless though, this was the first time I've properly used ZBrush and thus I'm happy with it when seen in that light. The damage is the main problem I think, as it is not very realistic (I originally wanted to go with an almost zombie-esque look), but because I never textured it with colour this was never truly shown off. The damaged parts also look slightly pixelated, although I am unsure on whether this is due to me having to greatly increase the size of the model when bringing it into Unreal, whether the texture was too low in resolution, just how I damaged it or a mixture of any of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment